- The hoof capsule after surgey
3. The bar shoe is then applied to the foot and packed with a dressing
5. A resin is applied to the aluminium wall and shaped to the contours of the hoof
2. A bar shoe is then fabricated with an aluminium plate which will replace the missing hoof wall
4. An aluminium hospital plate is then cut and shaped, then bolted to the bar shoe. This can then be removed at intervals
to check the hoof and repack with sterile dressings
6. Then a putty and flexible sealant is applied between the heel bulbs and the shoe. This will stop any debris getting
under the shoe.