- Does my horse need shoes?
- Not all horses require
shoes, the need for shoes has many deciding factors; type of work, competition, the ground or surface the horse is working
on, breed and conformation.
- Will my horse need corrective shoes on if he is lame ?
- No not necessarily, your horse may just need a corrective trim to rebalance
and adjust his break over and hoof pastern axis.
- My horse has corrective shoes will it have to stay in them for
the rest of its life?
- Maybe not it is necessary when changing
the shape or weakening one part of the wall to add support to another area with a certain shoe .Once the hoof capsule
has remodled and stabilised it then may be possible to put a normal open shoe on.